Re: [mizar] PVS GPLed

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Freek Wiedijk wrote:

to shadow the "ML type thm" in the rest of code,

Sorry, I maybe don't really understand what you mean by
"shadowing" here.

I meant some kind of overloading - as a Mizar user, you probably know how bad these things sometimes can get :-).

You can define another type "thm" and hope the user will miss
this attempt at cheating.

Overloading is used for many reasons, it does not have to be intentional cheating. Sometimes you get valid overloading just as a result of typo.

But again, that's not something
that will happen by accident.  It will not be a bug, but
a conscious cheat.

With good coding practices or sufficiently simple system.

I think I should repeat that I really like the idea of "small kernel", and think that it is really useful for verification. I am probably just trying to be a bit skeptical when I hear that something is "safe by design" :-).

Josef