Re: [mizar] PVS GPLed

I tend to avoid having views about what others should
do, e.g., use the GPL or not, because it is too
difficult for me to think through.  But I cannot let
pass without comment your remark:

> I can't see what is irritating about thousands
> versions of Linux kernel being used by various
> people.

GMP is a Gnu library written in C that does bignum
arithmetic.  It is said to be quite fast.

>From the front page, http://gmplib.org/:

   GMP is very often miscompiled!  We are seeing ever
   increasing problems with miscompilations of the GMP
   code. It has now come to the point where a compiler
   should be assumed to miscompile GMP. Please never
   use your newly compiled libgmp.a or libgmp.so
   without first running make check. If it doesn't
   complete without errors, don't trust the
   library. Please try another compiler release, or
   change optimization flags until it works. If you
   have the skill to isolate the problem, please report
   it to us if it is a GMP bug; else to the compiler
   vendor. (The compilers that cause problems are HP's
   unbundled compilers and GCC, in particular Apple's
   GCC releases.)

Ever increasing!

Bob